Monday, April 30, 2018

Famous Last Words: Finishing Up My Storybook and a Drag Show

Storybook

I did it. My last story in my storybook is in and I feel really proud of myself. This week, my story was the final encounter with Sedna, with only one player remaining. I chose to wrap up things this way for a few different reasons. For one, writing one player character meant I could write more about them, instead of a short amount about multiple characters. Secondly, I wanted it to feel like everything truly was leading up to this. This was the end, whether it went good or bad because there was only one person left. Had I had more time or more words to use, I would expand the story and maybe have four or five stories, but this semester didn't really allow for that sort of thing, haha. Overall, I'm very pleased with what I accomplished. 

Crimson & Queens

If any of you have heard about, or went to, the Drag Show, Crimson & Queens, thank you! I have been part of a three student committee planning this show since Fall. Things have not always gone our way, and true to show biz, we had numerous complications the day of. But, despite all that, we put on a fantastic show! We had three student performers, three local queens from Norman pride, a local queen from OKC hosting, and our headliners was Kennedy Davenport from Ru Paul's Drag Race. The event was co-sponsored/hosted by the Gender + Equality Center (where I my internship) and the Union Programming Board. Our LGBTQ Program Advisory Board was essential to putting on the show and we definitely could not have done it without them helping out Thursday night. A huge HUGE shout out to Chris and Jerry, the other two members of our trio. We went through a lot this semester to make this show happened, and we freakin' crushed it. 

(Planning Committee: Me, Kennedy Davenport, Chris Ebert, and Jerry Lessley. taken from Jerry's instagram)
(Some of our volunteers at the end of the night, ft. Kennedy. taken from Jerry's instagram)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and wri...