Thursday, February 15, 2018

Reading Notes: Twenty-Two Goblins, Part B

Part B of these stories might have followed the same pattern of riddle, correct answer, goblin escaping, repeat; however, these riddles had a different sort of pattern from the ones in Part A. These were more focused on "here is what happens, who is to blame/why did this happen?" Overall, I think I liked this set of stories more. The last one also had my head spinning so I wrote out the story and I think the children would simultaneously be each other's uncles/aunts and nieces/nephews.


(Diagram of the Family Tree made by me)


I feel a bit more inspired after reading Part B on what I might do for storytelling. I think I want to practice with Twinery and made a story that way. The stories would be written and someone could click the answer they want and the paths would move accordingly. The only thing is I don't have something concrete worked out for someone answering incorrectly on purpose. Maybe I can plan this week and figure something out.

Bibliography: Sanskrit Vetālapañcaviṃśati translated by Arthur Ryder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and wri...