Friday, May 4, 2018

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and writing to make up for some things I missed over the semester.

I really liked the Russian folktale unit I read this week. And honestly, I’ve liked most, if not all of the readings for this class. They’ve all been incredibly interesting. My only wish is that I would have read more (and maybe gotten that extra reading credit, haha).

I’m content with my story this week, I feel like it has a note of finality and wrapping thigs up that is a little poetic to it being my last story for the class. I regret missing a couple of stories, writing them has been one of the best things about this class. I love creative, fictional writing, but I never really get a chance to do it. Having it be for a grade helped me really make that time.

I finished my capstone this semester, yay! I don’t graduate until next spring, though. I took capstone early because I want to study abroad next spring and won’t be here to take it. Fingers crossed I get into my number one pick, Ireland!

Today (Friday) I am going to the OU Creatie awards because I used OU Create this semester to host my twine story. I’m really excited and I hope I won something! If I didn’t, it’s still a good time to meet other students and people who work with OU create. I’m sad that I might not get to meet Keegan, he’s really been a huge help this semester (along with Dr. Gibbs).

Well, this is it! I’m officially done! This will give me the last points I need for the grade I want, and I’m satisfied with how this semester went. Even though class is over, I plan to keep this blog up, and maybe even use it for brainstorming because I definitely want to re-vamp and expand Dungeons & Decisions.

(Goodbye on maxpixel)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you made your final post a Famous Last Words one. I am so happy that you are going to continue with your Dungeons and Decisions! I just found it today and it is awesome! I will definitely come back and read it

    ReplyDelete

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and wri...