Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Reading Notes: Alaskan Legends Unit, Part A

I enjoyed how all of the stories were about Raven and the different things he created in the world. The unifying theme helped keep my interest as I read. Corvids are my favorite kinds of birds, so I like that Raven was the main focus in these different stories.

The first, longer, story about the creation of Man was really interesting to read, and I think I would maybe want to focus on Raven and Man if I choose to use these stories for my retelling. I'm not sure what sort of story I would want to tell with them, though... Maybe I would make up a story explaining the creation of something that was not covered in this unit.

(Visit From A Raven by Ingrid Taylar on flickr)

Bibliography: Alaskan Legends Unit from Myths and Legends of Alaska, edited by Katharine Berry Judson (1911). (Web Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and wri...