Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Reading Notes: Welsh Fairy Tales (Thomas), Part A

Arthur in the Cave

When I read the short explanation before the story, I already knew I would like this story. There's a popular book series that's fairly recent called The Raven Cycle. These books are all about a group of teenagers searching for the sleeping king of Wales. In the book, the King isn't Arthur, however... or at least they don't call him Arthur. They call him Glendower. I love the series (though I haven't finished it yet) so I was excited to read the tale that inspired the books. I've always been a lover of fantasy, and a sleeping King is a fantastic story that I absolutely love. 

In the original, I thought it was really interesting that King Arthur was woken up, and then he decided to listen to the sorcerer saying it was not time to wake up. Truthfully, I expected Arthur to get mad we was woken up for nothing and maybe fight and/or kill the intruders. 

(King Arthur by Charles Ernest Butler on Wikimedia)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Not the End All, Be All

This is my last post for Mythology-Folklore, and honestly it’s a little sad. This week I took advantage of the extra week of reading and wri...